Mystery weird Magento behaviors have finally been resolved… due to base64_decode being disabled by web hosting!
For a few months after i have upgraded to 1.6.x and to current 1.8.x, i have been facing the following issues/behavior in backend admin
- Searching by fields in every view(Sales, Order, Catalog, etc) are not possible. All searches will return all result back. It seemed as if filter is not working!
- Dashboard graph is not working. It shows broken images regardless of any selection.
- Reports that require to input a date range are not working. It keep showing ‘No Records’ even if i refresh the statistics
- Even to the extend of doing fresh install of Magento (i tried 1.8.1) also gives the same errors above
And the clues i have are
- phpinfo() shows that base64_decode has been disabled
- Log files keep showing the following errors
Warning: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in MYAPP/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Helper/Abstract.php on line 365Undefined index: title in MYAPP/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Resource/Report/Collection.php on line 187Warning: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in MYAPP/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Encryption.php on line 144Warning: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in MYAPP/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/DashboardController.php on line 95
I never thought that the base64_decode php functions would indirectly cause all the problems i faced until i recently ask my web hosting company to enable it back.
To my surprise, all the functions are working properly now and i have finally close this issue.
If you encounter the above behaviors or issues, you may want to check if base64_decode has been disabled by your web hosting company. You can do so by creating a php file with a phpinfo() in it.
- Create new log file with log4j FileAppender when using Quartz Scheduler
- You are not allowed to access this file. Check frontend_dev.php for more information.
- extend wireless network: Part 2 – extend with linksys (DD-WRT)
- Premature end of script headers in perl script
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Mystery weird Magento behaviors have finally been resolved... due to base64_decode being disabled by web hosting!,