Do you have a category menu that you want to redirect to a URL instead?
Did you install aheadworks blog extension and wants to redirect a category to the blog? e.g. www.domainname.com/blog
Below are the steps to get these done. You may refer to www.lingeriesg.com for example.
- In magento, click on Catalog -> Manage Categories
- Click on the root category that you wants to create and click on ‘Add Subcategory’ button
- Enter the name of the catagory. e.g. Blog and mark Is Active = Yes
- Once created, take note of the ID that is assigned to this category
- Click on Catalog -> URL Rewrite Management
- Find and click on the entry of the category which you have just created. In my example below, it is id = 11
- Set Redirect = permanent (301) and save
- Go back to URL Rewrite Management
- Create a new entry. Create URL Rewrite = Custom
- Type in ID path = any name. e.g. myblog
- Request Path = the category ID which you have just copied
- Target Path = the path you want to redirect. In my case, i want to redirect to /blog. Thus, my target path is ‘blog’
- Redirect = Permanent
- Save this custom URL rewrite entry and clear your index by going to System -> Index Management -> Select All and click submit (Actions = Reindex Data)
Basically, what we have done so far is to mark category URL rewrite as permanent and then create a new URL rewrite that redirect the system(raw) URL to the one you intended to.
At the time of writing, I am using Magento community version 18.104.22.168
- cakephp and wordpress in single domain
- Install chinese locale for Magento Admin 1.5
- aheadworks Blog not showing up or empty in Magento
- Add aheadworks’s blog list to magento home page or any CMS page
- Fix google anlaytics in magento custom template